Male cats? adult content

i know this sounds dumb but ive had male dogs all my life and when we got them fixed they no longer humped anything.. is this opposite in cats.. the minute ours started humping we got him fixed..literally the next day.. and a month later he has started humping again .. is there anything that we can do to get him to quit.. he only does it to stuffed animals..and i have two young children.. i dont want to have to throw out all of their toys!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pets

• Put the stuffed toys in the bedroom with a closed door.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• always marking their territory.
    ShellyRo

Answer by ShellyRo at 3:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Well, I have 7 cats, all fixed, 4 of them male, and none of them display that kind of behavior.... However, as with dogs, when it comes to the point of them starting to hump things, a lot of them WILL continue to do do so after getting fixed. Which is why the recommendation is to get your pets fixed as early as possible. Once they start doing things like spraying, or humping, it can be hard to break them of the habit, even after they've been fixed.

I honestly don't have an answer for you, other than try to have a spray can ready and hit the cat with a spray of water every time he starts doing it. Make sure he doesn't see YOU do it, he needs to associate the bad result (water) with his behavior (humping). Good luck!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• lol.. my male cat humps.. it freaked me out too because he's fixed and his little thing actually comes out - the vet told me to remove the particular item from the area he is in..which happened to be my LEG lol! so he couldn't sleep with my anymore.. now its a blanket so we take the blanket he'll find another one -lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2011