Single Umbilical Artery

I just found out to that my baby has a single umbilical artery. I have to go see a specialist on Tuesday. I have been told about some of the problems that can happen because of this. So I was i was wondering if any of you might of had this happen to you when you were pregnant and i was wondering if your baby's were okay at birth

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did not have this problem in my pregnancy although I had many many others..I wish you the best of luck and send prayers your way
    Anonymous

• Never heard of it, but i will certainly keep you and your baby in prayer.
    ShellyRo

Answer by ShellyRo at 3:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I had this with my daughter. She took a while to grow and I had to go for a sono every 2weeks to get her growth checked. It was scary at the time because we were told she might be premature and need to go in the nicu because the measurements always came back really small. I did go into labor 2 months premature but it was stopped because I got to my doctor and he gave me an IV to stop the labor. Good news I got to see my baby all the time and her much she changed and have lots sonogram pictures of her. Best news she was a week late and weighted 7lbs!
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• They didn't find out until birth, but my DD only had the single umbilical artery. She was 10lb 7oz and completely healthy! Never understood why they didn't notice earlier though. Praying for you and your baby.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2011