21 month old and movies

Would you bring a 21 month old to the movies. I mean a kid's movie that they would enjoy or do you think it's too young?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I personally wouldn't. I feel like it is too young of an age for a child to enjoy the setting (more so than the movie)

I'd go the old school Disney family movie night route lol
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would have to agree. My DS is about that age and he sometimes watches tv but he doesn't ever sit still for more than 5 minutes at a time. It would be too much of a headache for you and fellow movie goers.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My son is 16mnths and he used to sit through movies but know hes on the move i dont bring him just out of curtisy to others
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• None of my kids would have enjoyed or been enjoyable companions at a movie at that age, but if yours will quietly sit through a full length movie at home then it might work for you.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my brother was bringing his girls to the movies since they were babies
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 3:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I have, either stroller during nap time or sit in the very front or very back where they can stand... and ONLY at kid movies where other restless kids are there
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Pretty young to sit through a whole movie. If there are older children too and you have no choice then you may have to. Sadly there are few G movies out there. Sometimes the loudness and intensity of the voices and music can be frightening. So, bottom line, if you don't have to go, there is really no reason at that age. Lot s of years ahead for movies!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 8:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Our daughter is two and she has never been to the movies. I am very mindful of others who are there to get away for an evening and if my two year old should break out and have a "two year old moment" I would be embarrassed. I always get a little ugh when I hear babies crying and people getting up and down during a movie. If your child is ready, however, go for it!!
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 10:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2011