Since I was about 10 years old I've been having bowel problems.... adult content

Since I was about 10 years old I've been having bowel problems and the only way I can think to explain it is that about 75% of the time that I have a bowel movement it feels like I'm passing shards of glass and it's sooo painful. For the past 11 years at least 3 times a month I will have a bowel movement that is so painful I nearly pass out from the pain.

After I had my daughter it got a lot worse, I've had instances where I've passed just pure blood.

My family doctor checked me once and said that I had fissures but that was all he saw from his very simple examination and he prescribed me some hydrocortisone cream and suppositories. While they helped a bit they did not every help a sufficient amount.

On top of the painful bowel movements...about 2 weeks out of each month I'm extremely bloated, nauseated and pass terrible gas.

It's getting to the point where at times I can't function because of these problems so my family doctor referred me to a gastroenterologist but would not give me any ideas as to what could be wrong...does any have any ideas as to what could be going on with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Health

• I've heard of this condition on Oprah a year or two ago its called 'fissures' or fissha. Something like that this women was on they describing the exact same symptoms and Dr. Oz was on trying to help her. All I can remember is he mentioned something about eatinh a lot of fiber..like a lot. Hope you feel better!!
    PurplWildFlower

Answer by PurplWildFlower at 3:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Sounds like IBS with constipation
    You need a colonoscopy
    Seek help from a gastroenterologist

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• The gastroenterologist is the one who can tell you what the problem might be. I hope everything goes OK and he/she can help you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2011