Back labor?

Was wondering if anyone out there has had back labor and could tell me what it was like? I'm currently 35 weeks with #3 and have been having lots of cramping, braxton and extreme back pains for a week. My midwife says everything is okay and most of it is being caused because he is so low. Last night I was up pacing the living room until 5am it hurt so bad, I've never felt anything like this before. (yes I wear a huge maternity belt and it helps immensely.)

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 7:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had severe back labor with my first, and it was definitely not fun. It sounds like you could be experiencing the same kind of thing, probably because of the way your baby is positioned. My daughter was positioned with her head essentially crushing the base of my spine, and it caused my contraction pain to flare up the lower half of my back. All I can say is, as soon as you are in labor for sure, ask for the epidural! :( I waited several hours and was sorry I did.

I would also suggest kneeling on all fours and doing a lot of pelvic tuck-ins; maybe it will encourage your baby to move. Even a little relief would be welcome at this point I imagine! :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• withmy son adn my miscarriages it was just liek stabbing pain it hurt liek someone was twisting my back i was crying but that is how it felt for me
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I had back labor with my youngest, I had no drugs. It was hard but manageable once I leanred how to cope. It was actually a nice labor looking back. Read Active Birth and Hypnobirthing. They really helped me thorugh.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008