Why is everybody worry about nuclear power plants specially in recent days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I have been worried about Nuclear plants since Three Mile Island.
    I agree with autodidact's posts
    I don't see why anyone would vote her a "Down" vote.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Because of the Tsunami in Japan ruining that plant and they're having problems getting the fires out and keeping the radiation from leaking out.
    If a hurricane/tornado etc were to do the same here,we'd be up shit creek!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Does Chernobyl x 10,000 ring a bell?????

Nope. It won'tlikely be any where near a Chernobyl.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• They're going to be double-checking existing plants to make sure something like that couldn't happen here, and any new plants will probably have to proove that they can withstand earthquakes and other natural or unnatural disasters.

They're going to talk about it a lot. That doesn't make the money to do so appear out of thin air. As it is, the type of plant in Japan that is supposedly superior to what we already have - we've refused to permit construction of any because we were already aware of massive flaws in their design.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I guess you just crawled out from under a rock! LOL! Put on CNN & you'll figure it out quick. Does Chernobyl x 10,000 ring a bell?????
    Anonymous

• im with butterflyblue19
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Because the news keeps saying should we be worried can this happen to us? Every Day and night same thing so people start to think it will happen and start to panic.

So far we are safe!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I've been worried about nuclear plants since 3 Mile Island when I was a kid, then Chernobyl when I was a teen. Plus all the long argued controversy about nuclear waste and how to dispose it. Accidents might not happen often but when they do it's a mess and the effects linger. I'm in S Cali where earthquakes are a part of life and we have a plant a couple of hours from me. I hate to think what'll happen when "The Big One" hits us.

There has to be better, cleaner, safer ways to supply power.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• because the pools that cool the spent fuel rods are failing to contain the water that does so, risking meltdown and the release of unsafe levels of radiation.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• gammie, you really think that water dropped from a helicopter can provide sufficient cooling? it's a rigged "solution" at best.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2011