How do you store your jeans, sweats, other pants?

I have 7 people in my home with limited closet space & dressers. Of course we all have jeans, sweats, slacks, etc... I am having a very frustrating time trying to figure out where the hell to store them all. Do I hang them up? Hang them with shirts, or multiple pants to one hanger? Do I fold them up in drawers? I don't think I would be able to put anything else in the dresser though. This has been driving me crazy for a while now. Please Help. Thank you!!!!!!

darmika

Asked by darmika at 7:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I've always stacked my hubby and I's pants on the shelves in our closet. And as for sweaters and sweatshirts and stuff, I keep them in bins (rubbermaid things) in the closet.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You could get those vaccum bags that suck out all the air and don't take up that much space ( i am not sure what they are really called). If you have a walmart by you, you can buy them there. You can put the clothing for summer away and make room for winter clothing. Maybe you can have them go threw there clothing and what they never wear get rid of it. Just an idea
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I keep mine in the drawers but when I didnt have enough drawers I hung them up in the closet. My son has his in a plastic bin, folded, in the bottom of his closet. He only has a 3 drawers dresser & it wont hold everything. He has too many shirts to hang the pants up so that was our solution to the problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• i like my clothes on the shelves in my closet. dh likes everything of his hanging up.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 6:31 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I buy those plastic boxes. 1 for me, 1 for my husband and 1 for my son. They go in our closets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• We each have a dresser (of some kind) and have a pants drawer. My older 3 kids have a stand with 4 canvas drawers. The bottom drawer in each is for their pants. They can actually fit quite a bit in there. My 2yo has a plastic drawer thing (3 drawers) and her bottom one has all her pants and she can't fit them all but she has 3 kids worth of hand-me-down's in there. When it is filled to capacity I just leave the extras on top and she wears those first.
    Both me and my husband have our own drawers. I only have 1 pair of jeans and a like 5 or 6 pairs of sweats that I wear (I had more jeans but they ripped). They fill one drawer. My husband's can fit into an even smaller drawer.
    If you don't have room, maybe's it's time to cull some of the lesser used pants. I do that with my own clothes every once in awhile.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I keep them in drawers mostly and some of the bulky sweatshirts I keep on shelving in the closet under the hanging clothes. I just bought some portable shelving at Target and it helped to organize the closet. I just don't keep them up high because I am short and I hate to climb on something everytime I need to get something.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 2:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• we hang everything in our home except jammies, bras, undies and socks...everything thing else gets a hanger
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I prefer to hang most of our clothes because it's easier. Jeans and slacks are always on hangers. Lounge pants and sweats get put in a drawer.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I used the vacuum bags, and they were great, except... they rip very easily! I tried to put one under my bed, and it ripped on the metal frame. I tried to tape it up, but it doesn't vacuum seal anymore. Kind of makes me mad when I realized I paid $20 for 5 plastic bags lol!!! They work great though if you are extremely careful with them.
    oceanlover84

Answer by oceanlover84 at 7:46 AM on Nov. 28, 2008