Long distance relationships are hard

What's the longest you've gone without seeing your SO? We've been together for almost 3 years now. The longest I went without seeing him was 9 months. I got used to him living here last summer and when he left it was really hard on me. He visited in November so now it's going on 5 months that I haven't seen him. Uuugh, I miss him so.

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh my girl! About 3 weeks. We live 3 hours away...... only see him on the weekends. May God bless you.
    Anonymous

• Yeah. Mine lives in Dallas Texas. 8 hours...it sucks.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• almost one year I did get a day visit with him a couple times. Then we almost broke up because it was so hard. Most long distance relationships end up failing.

kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 3:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Most long distance relationships end up failing.

wrong.
    Anonymous

• I dont like them....
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• (I am the first Anon!)

Oh yes. See, the drive for me is nothing. Its just, we are both working in the week... so its kinda hard
    to drive down and back up and yada. So its the weekends for us. Have you considered marriage or just
    moving in with each other. It seems like you don't get a chance to really know the person, what they do in
    their daily life because your at a distance. You know!?? Anyways, Yeah I know how your feeling to an extent.

I'd be so upset if he was any further away-don't know how I'd cope with that. Blessings. So... how long have you
    been togehter? ..
    Anonymous

• We will have been together for 3 years April 1st. We lived together for a few months in Dallas and then again a few months here because he was working up here, and then he got his good job back down there so, yeah. It's rough but I think it makes it all that much better when we do get to see each other.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My hubby and I have been married 3 years, but for one of those three years we were apart while he was finishing school and I was home pregnant and working. It was HARD!! We fought a lot, almost divorced, but managed to hold on by a teeny tiny thread. Honestly, I don't think I could handle doing that again, it was just too much.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• We were engaged just before my last year at university in another state. It was so hard to say goodbye. I'm glad I finished my schooling, though.

Answer by Bmat at 3:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• (First anon, here)

Awww. Really? See I have only been dating mine about a year soon. Hoping soon we won't have to be so apart.
    I don't know what I'd do without him.... The phone is like our lifeline. Always talking/texting- videoing or webcaming.
    Something. How do you keep close contact? We do. Its the only way to keep it alive in a sense. You have been going
    through it too long though. Settle down or something... it will help those hard darn emotions. And you know what? It makes
    it all the more better when you are back in his arms, so freakin' true. I wasn't able to go down last Friday but boy this Fri I will be
    and I told him it will be all the more better. Anyhow.... seems like the week is going slow.

Have you tried seeing each other more? ...............................................
    Anonymous