Would you allow your boyfriend to sleep over if you had children ?

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW OTHER MOMS HANDLE THIS SORT OF THING. I HAVE BEEN DATING SOMEONE FOR A FEW MONTHS AND HE HAS BEEN SLEEPING OVER. I HAVE A TEENAGE SON AND A 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER THAT LIVE WITH ME. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ADVICE/OPINIONS ABOUT THIS PLEASE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• NOPE! If he is not the child(rens) father, NO NOPEEEE NO !
    Anonymous

• Unless you feel that is a relationship that will last a LONG time, I wouldn't do it.

Kids, especially older kids, tend to get attached to boyfriends only to have them leave and another take his place.

And, IMO, a couple months isn't even soon enough for me to be ready to introduce my kids to the guy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Yes. DD and I have lived with my boyfriend before and he stays with me when he visits. He treats her like he's his own daughter. He takes care of her and her real father does not. She loves him alot and I love his relationship with her.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Oh, and just so I don't sound like a venting high-horse...
    I got divorced last year (Feb)...I started dating my fiancee whom I have known for 16 years and has been my BFF for 9.5 years. I know him well...there are no skeletons in the closet here.
    Even with that knowledge, it took 7 months before we introduced kids to each other. We had to be sure. AND the deal-breaker was that if our kids didn't like the other person at all, then it would not work.
    Thankfully, it did work out and we, DD and I, moved in with him in December. The day that I started moving, he proposed and we are getting married in June 2011.
    So, while we have had a whirlwind romance, we have laid 15+ years of groundwork being friends before we became romantically involved.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No I didnt allow any men to sleep over unless I knew it was headed to marriage

Answer by gemgem at 3:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Absolutly not. I would not want to condone men sleeping over to my daughter's.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Nope I didnt. I tried to conduct myself in a way that set an example for my dd to follow when she is dating. My parents did keep my dd overnight soemtimes so that he could say over after we had been out late.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No I don't think I would. It's just not the example I would want to set.
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No, I would not want my kids to think that was the right thing to do. You have to put your children's well being above your own desires.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No. But then, neither would I allow him to stay over even if I had no children.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2011