Man is getting deployed to Afghanistan and.....

I am trying to think of things to do to keep myself busy. I really would like to take the year he is gone to accomplish some things I've been putting off. I'm still going to be working towards my Women Studies and German degree, and I was also thinking of studying abroad in Netherlands for 12 weeks on International Sexuality Views. I've also decided to make a Scrapbook for him and give it to him when he comes back. Any other ideas of things to do for myself AND for him while he is gone?

MaterialGirl198

Asked by MaterialGirl198 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• You have a good list of things! That's great! I just want to NOT lose my mind when mine deploys here soon.
    If you finish all that, you will probably think of new things to do. New things to study, OH! take up some photography! Then, when in the Netherlands, you can take some photos, really awesome ones! And some at home, too.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• GREAT IDEA!
    MaterialGirl198

Comment by MaterialGirl198 (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• How about making a quilt? The fabrics or scenes you make can have meaning for the two of you, and quilting is a process that takes some time.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2011