Eloped and didn't have a wedding, is it ok to have one now?

I don't want presents or anything, I just want to have a wedding. We've been married 2 years, I want to plan it for our 5 year anniversary so we'll have some money saved up. Technically it would be a vow renewal, but I want to act like it's a wedding. Is that ok? I'm going to specify on the invitations that I don't want gifts. Any guidelines I should be aware of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• oh ya totally we rea gettng married in dec but not what we really want we dotn have the money now so we are going to have our dream wedding in liek a year or two to renew our vows and have what we really want .. there is nothing wrong with it
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yes, Im doing the same thing. We wanted it be just US! my husband, myself and our baby girl so thats what we did. Our family and friends weren't thrilled. So we are also planning a ceremony for our 5th wedding anniversary. What I really missed is having a dress and wedding photos. Go for it!

aishadavid

Answer by aishadavid at 7:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• have fun
    scoke19

Answer by scoke19 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Its your day have fun with it!!!! :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I say do it! Dh and I got married 8 years ago and we had a medium size wedding. We are in the process of planning our second wedding to renew our vows for a 10 year wedding anniversary.
    KeBe

Answer by KeBe at 2:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Its nothing wrong with wanting to have an actual ceremony if you eloped. It makes perfect sense if your not financially stable at the time to get hitched then renew your vows in front of family and friends. Seal and victoria Secrets Model Heidi Klum has a vow renewal every year.
    JewelandJoseph

Answer by JewelandJoseph at 3:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2008