A little worried

I'LL be 18wks tomorrow and I haven't felt him move or seem to be gaining any weight...is this normal...should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different... Depending on your size, and the position of the baby, you can either feel him move sooner or later. I think I felt mine (both times) move around 20 weeks. So unless your doctor worries, you shouldn't either :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• With my first I was still very tiny at 18 weeks and didn't feel movement until 20 weeks. Even with my 5th I didn't feel movement until 22 weeks because my placenta was in the front.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• What does your doc say? One of my babies was a lazy lazy baby- he hardly ever moved, but it was normal for him.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would not stress, I did not feel my first that early at all. I also was small my entire pregnancy with my first.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I found that moving around a lot made my baby hold still - And when I was really stressed he curled up and stayed still too :)

Make sure you're taking care of yourself and staying calm, and talk to your doctor. I'm sure you're ok, hand in there!
    PeachyPeach30

Answer by PeachyPeach30 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I didn't feel baby until 24 weeks... Now, at 36+ baby won't stop moving!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Drink some cold water and sit very still......I didn't feel my baby move until I was about 20 weeks (with both pregnancies) and I only gained 10 pounds with one and 11 with the other...so yes, it can be perfectly normal.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2011