medi cal in ca what is share cost?

we just got medi-cal and its with share cost for 735.
what does this mean we have to pay 735 a month???
my husband is on unemployment and thats all the income we got. our rent is 980. there is 3 of us. i dont understand. we cannot afford that. how does share cost work? please explain. my husband has high blood pressure he needs get that under control.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Health

• I checked on line and this is what I found: Your share is calculated by your income less any insurance premium payments (if any), less $934 (for 3 people). The difference is what you have to pay "out-of-pocket" at the beginning of each month before insurance starts paying.
    The site is: www.disabilitybenefits101.org if you want to check it out.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• so we have to pay 735 a month?
    Anonymous

• so we have to pay 735 a month?
    Anonymous

• wow that is way to much to be paying! I know of a great alternative if your interested send me a message!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Have you looked in to NON-Insurance Benefits? They cost MUCH less! We only pay $39.95/mo for medical, dental, vision, Rx, Hospital and some other stuff...
    Check it out!

www.LowCostBenefitsPlans.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:49 AM on Nov. 25, 2008