Wanting to sleep with me

I never have any trouble with DD going to sleep in her own bed, except when my husband is home. My husband is an OTR, so he is gone alot. When he comes home she WILL not sleep in her own bed. She will pitch a fit and cry all night if I do not let her sleep in my bed, which in turn leaves him sleeping in the recliner.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do about this?

momoftaterbug

Asked by momoftaterbug at 4:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How about a compromise? You lay down with her for a little while and then when you get up, you stand firm on not letting her get into bed with you.

The sooner to stop it the easier it will be. If you give in, she will know that as long as she cries just a little harder, mom will cave to her demands.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2011