If I'm not pregnant, or going through menopause, what's going on?? adult content

My tubes have been tied since I had my second child, and for a while (for about 5 months) I had regular periods. During that time I did see my OB and she said it may take time to get regular, but it was like clockwork for a few months. Now, I've missed two periods, and I have ruled out pregnancy, and I'm not on any meds including birth control. I have THE WORST acne I have ever had and nothing seems to help that (even proactiv) I have ALL the usual PMS/early pregnancy symptoms, but I'm only 24. There has been some stress, but I wouldn't think enough to miss 2 periods entirely. We don't have health insurance so I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor just to find out this is "normal" and have to spend the money. Could these be symptoms of something more serious or should I just wait it out until my period finally shows?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Health

• I am not a doctor. I do not think it is an emergency, but, eventually, you should get your testosterone, DHEA and your other adrenal hormones tested. The acne and loss of cycle is a very good indication that your hormones are off. Stress can contribute.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• tubes tied or not, if you have been sexually active there is always a chance you could be pregnant, may be a slim one but it is still there. I suggest getting an HPT or local health clinic and going to the DR. no mater what the test results are. There could be a serious underlying cause and if you do happen to be pregnant you want to give this baby as good of a start as possible, especially when pregnancies are so close together. Good luck and I hope you find out what is going on.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 4:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Getting your tubes tied and prematurely bring on peri-menopause and menopause....so even though you are so young it COULD in fact be that.

It's called Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome and it was one of my main reasons for choosing to NOT get a tubal and instead let hubby have some "fun" and get snipped. I tend to get every weird or lesser known side effect when I have procedures or take medications.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I was going through a stressful time when I was around your age & my period stopped for 5 months & same symptoms as you. I let it go then went to see an OBGYN & he put me on a medication just for about a week or two, I forget, to start my period again and it's been normal ever since. I'm 43. Stress can really effect our bodies even if we don't think we are taking things so bad. It's like a way that our bodies try to tell us something. I don't think it's an emergency but I would go see an OBGYN when you can. GL
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011