My little girl wants to wear make up? Why?

My eleven year old daughter wants to wear make up I told her no but I feel bad for not letting her what do you guys think?

aalicia321979

Asked by aalicia321979 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• She wants to, because other girls she knows probably do.... Obviously, she doesn't NEED it, but at 11 years old, I'd let her maybe wear some tinted lip gloss, and maybe some light eye make up. Nothing over the top, just some subtle color.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I let my daughter wear things like lip gloss,but nothing more. When she turned 12 she wore a little bit more like mascara and light colored eye shadows. I tried to tell her she didnt need cause she is beautiful already but its not easy when girls at school are wearing the stuff so its possible she just wants to be like them.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My mom wouldnt let me either but all the other girls are probably wearing it.. maybe let her have some eyeshadow n lip gloss... let her know its not good for her skin
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• How I delt with it is, I let her put some on in the way SHE thought it should look. THEN, I took her in the bathroom & put some on myself. Then I showed her how my make up looked "natural" and her's looked...well...not so good. So, then I showed her the proper way to apply it so she looked decent.
    Anonymous

• She wants to because thats what girls do. I allowed my dd to wear lipgloss, use nail polish and some very natural looking blush at 11-12.

Answer by gemgem at 5:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my 13 year old sister will not leave the house or even be seen w/o makeup. a bare face is her biggest insecurity. i don't understand it at all because she is drop dead gorgeous but young girls feel that way. they think they have to look a certain way
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• She wants to because she thinks it's cool because other girls her age are wearing makeup and look like clowns. YOU are the parent and YOu make the rules, so stop feeling bad about not letting her wear makeup. If I had a daughter, she wouldn't be wearing makeup until she was in high school. My niece has been wearing it since she was 11 and she is now 13. Her mom lets her dress like a 20 yr old then wonders why she has to deal with ADULT men hitting on my niece.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Lip gloss is ok, but nothing more at that age. Maybe when she is 13/14, well what I plan on doing is taking her to a professional and getting them to show her how to put it on, properly, so she wont look like a clown and put a tonne of it on like the girls I see now days wearing it. That is what i will be doing. My dd has very different coloring than I do, so Im not even sure I could do her make up for her :)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I let her wear it around the house and every once in a while we go to the store when it's still on. I think it's good because she use to wear the clown over the top stuff but now it's natural and sometimes I only notice it because her eyes look amazing. I have to look close to see the make-up tho.
    jeamama

Answer by jeamama at 1:02 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I would talk to her about what, exactly, she wants to wear. If it's lip gloss and a little mascara, I would be okay with it. I went to modeling classes when I was in middle school and they taught us how to do "natural" makeup - it was a huge help and I plan on sending my daughter as well.

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2011