Computer in Nursery?

Just want a couple opinions on if it's safe and worth the convenience to have my computer in the nursery room?

I'm torn on whether or not to use the smaller room, which holds my computer because it's the only place with a spare cable outlet, and this room is next to my room. I have another larger room that isn't very far away, and I'm just not sure which to use. The small room doesn't have much closet space and eventually my baby will uprade to the larger room anyway, but I do use the computer often and I was thinking it may be better to have it near baby so I could be on the computer and have baby sleeping in the crib next to me.

What do you ladies think? Is it safe and effective or taking up too much space? Did you need a lot of room for toys and stuff or did you keep most stuff in the living room? My house is two stories so I wondered if I'd want to stay organized and have a "play room/nursery" or not.

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Children need their space, they need a place that is just all theirs, a place where they don't hear, no, don't touch this or that or anything like this. I think you would do better to buy a video monitor and keep an eye on the baby that way while you are on the computer. Hope that helps.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If you are planning on eventually moving her into her own room, I don't see why this would be an issue. You could use the small room as a nursery, a baby does not take up a ton of room. You could even put a pack-n-play in the little room with the computer if you wanted the baby near you. When my daughter was a new born, we used the pack-n-play everywhere in the house and we did not use her nusery much at all until she was older.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011