Please help. Does anyone know what are the laws here in Florida (Monroe County) for providing child care in your home? I need to work urgently!

My husband lost his job. I am about to give birth any moment. We have 4 kids. I am in desperate bad financial situation. I think with baby coming, the best thing and fastest thing to help out my family would be babysitting in my home as soon after I give birth. I tried having a yard sale already last week, but it was just for quick cash. I need a real job. Can somone please give me their opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I dont know what laws are for open up your own daycare, babysitter services. But i would think its not that easy! There are probably lots of rules and regulations. Starting with safety, probably someone from the county needs to come to you house and see that everything is goos and ready to go, thats all safety rules are followed. Thats depending on how many kids you take care of you need other people to help you. Since you have already 4 yourself, and then taking care of additional (even if only) 2 would make 6 kids. Coulde maybe mean that you have to have a second adult.
    Google it, fine a number,
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2011