Okay, so here we go...being violent...

So, let me ask if this seems violent.
First off, I have a sense of humor and find things funny.

My 2 year old DD, if she falls...she cries...always...no matter if it hurts or not...she cries. So, I'll console her, and ask "does it hurt really bad? If so, Mommy just needs to cut it off." She starts laughing, as do I.

Okay, another thing...she's a dumpster diver. No shit, I throw things away, she'll dig them out of the garbage. Well, after telling her one day like a hundred times to get out of the garbage, I finally said "if you don't stop, Mommy is going to cut your arms off and beat you with them." She laughs and stops.

Okay, now...my MIL did over hear me say that. She told me I either seek therapy or she'll call CPS. LIKE OMFG.
I tried explaining to her it was just me being funny, and she honestly thinks that I will get violent with my 2yo.

I talked to my DH, and he was like "she's brought it up to my attention that some of the things you say are inappropriate, and thinks you need help." WTF. He doesn't defend me or anything.

It's all about my personality. So, obviously, I'm going to have to watch what I say around her, but, omfg...I swear, if CPS gets called and my DH doesn't say squat. All he will see is the back of my head walking out of this place.

I feel that some may find it inappropriate, but I don't say it hateful. I say it with a smile on my face. We laugh about it.
Secondly, this is not her child. It's her grandchild, and while she should have an opinion, she shouldn't tell me how I should raise her.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• omg that seems extreme.... i tell my kids similar stuff... when my 4 yr old when he asks me where something is i say in your butt .. and we laugh and he thinks its funny.. i also tell him hes so delicious i going tochop him up and cook him.. some ppl take thigns too seriously...
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Id be a little frustrated with my SO if i were you.. I joke around with my DD(2) like that she laughs and we play afterwards. Its not like im actually gonna hurt her. Your MIL just needs to but IMO. I hope everything works out for you and your SO pulls his head of his butt. GL
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 5:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Your MIL needs to Butt out lol sorry i have sticky keys due to a kool-aid accident
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 5:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• if your so/dh can't back you up any better than that, i'd keep my distance (and my daughter) away from his mom as much as possible.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• hahahaha I know what you mean JordonMichelle lol
    I have to make sure my D's show up. Daughter always pulls that key off my laptop. rofl
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I tell my 4 year old all the time if she doesn;t stop doing something that I am going to knock her out. She looks at me and says Mama, your not supposed to hit someone....LOL.
    Someone needs to tell her to back off
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 5:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• She needs to mind her own business. You dont call CPS just because someones not raising a child the way you want them to. All these people calling CPS for reasons like this are the reason poor little kids are being beat to death... because they dont have time for the important calls :( Good luck with you MIL. Tell her if she keeps it up she can take you to court if she even wants to see your daugter!!!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Ladies, I'm about to tell her that she's not seen violent until she pisses me off lol\

Must....hold....temper....don't....blow.....gasket....
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10...shew, okay. Vent over!
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I have a very twisted sense of humor, I use humor to get me through most things and have ALWAYS said stuff like that to everyone I love - that's just my personality. I think your mil should bend over and try to pull the stick out of her ass that is obviously jammed up there so far and mind her own business and I think you should beat your husband over the head for NOT sticking up for you. People suck!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• she must have NO sense of humor. you laughed, your DD laughed, it wasn't a serious threat. it was a lighthearted joke for crying out loud! she was out of line to threaten you with calling CPS. just for that i would tell her she is not welcome in my home for a while.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2011