making house payment?

Anyone else out there struggling?? We have never had an issue making our mortgage payment or any bills, but oh my we barely have enough money to do anything. We have never lived paycheck to paycheck like this before. I am so stressed. We have always had a budget and it works, but for some reason it's going out fast than it's coming in. I work and my husband owns his own company. The economy sucks! How do you deal with the stress of wondering if the bills will get paid in time and you still have money left over for food and food for the animals? Just freaking out because we have never been in this situation. We are not rich just lived comfortably, but not now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• Well, call me crazy, but when money gets tight, I'd have to say goodbye to the animals! Sorry, but who's more important?
    Anonymous

• I find that give what you no longer need brings what you want and need to you. I know it sounds stupid, but I've been giving away my girls old clothing. Excellent condition, but out grown.
    Since I started we have been making more or at least things seem to have gotten a lot easier. I have just listed the clothing on my blog along with some toys - all for free. People come, pay the postage (I don't make anything on postage) and I ship them out once a week. I thought I was going to be a blessing to others, but I've found that we are receiving many blessings. If you are in need, keeperbay.com. Just do what I did, I'm sure things will get easier for you also.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• We've started planning. Planning meals is the biggest money saver for us. Going to the grocery store once a week cuts down on unnecessary spending in those quick trips to the store. Also we've cut out the extras, like cut out cable if you have the interent you can watch tv shows on it in stead of a hefty cable bill each money, maybe get a pay as you go cell phone.
    Anonymous

• Getting rid of my animals (dogs and a cat) is not an option. I didn't adopt them to get rid of them when times get tough. Kinda like getting rid of my child because times are tough. My opinion! That's why we have so many animals in the pound getting killed is because people get them and decide they don't want them or can't afford them.
    Anonymous

• Use coupons for grocery shopping.
    Anonymous

• For me, planning meals and making lists helps me save a lot of money. Dh gets paid every two weeks, so I make menus for two weeks at a time. List out what I need, then go to the store and only buy what's on the list. I probably spend about half what I used to by not impluse buying. Plus I don't end up with a bunch of stuff that we never end up using! And I use coupons when I have them, look for sales on things. Planning the meals also helps my sanity because I don't have to wonder at 5:00 what I'm going to make for dinner!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2008