I am 39, in recovery, have some heath concerns, have no insurance, money is tight, I'm newly married, and now I just find out I'm pregnant. Is there help for me?

I need o know about health care and any other help available.

nancyhefter

Asked by nancyhefter at 7:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Medicaid. It sucks but it paid for my care and hospital bills for my son's birth. You won't be able to get any insurance unless you can get on a group plan through your work or your husbands. Even then, they may not cover the pregnancy.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• medicad .. it is a big help .. i know how you feel but try the DHS or social services offices they may be able to give you some info on it .. good luck
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I don't know what kind of income you and your husband have but you can always try calling the dept. of social services. I know that my state offers maternity medicaid to a lot of people in the lower-middle income bracket and if you aren't eligible for that try the health dept. Again, I don't know how it works in your area, but here women in your situation can see a physician and deliver and they base the bills on what you are able to pay. Good luck finding some help out there.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 7:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• ya your local Social Serveices Office can help with all that... google it in your area.
    ParkerMommy

Answer by ParkerMommy at 8:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Get a pregnancy test done in a free clinic or local clinic and then go to your local medicaid office you should qualify for pregnancy medicaid automatically.
    scoke19

Answer by scoke19 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yep-medicaid is great help, and WIC. We were on those programs for less than a year; and I really appreciate that they exist.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2008