One big happy family ..

How can I get my brother (he's 30) to realise that he is not going to get the big happy family he wants. My parents, even though they have been divorced for 20 years, are never going to be friends? I don't plan on having a relationship with my father, no matter how much my brother pushes. But he keeps trying..

I just wish he would understand he is not ever going to MAKE everyone get along.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I know how you feel.

I guess you need to just explain to him that the damage is done and the only person who can decide to fix the relationship (if you want to) is you and or your dad. there is nothing your brother can do to fix your relationship///
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 5:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• he can create his own big happy family by looking elsewhere than his own blood family. "adopting" family members is a great way to learn love and understanding. sometimes we take for granted our eternal love for our blood relations and quarrel the rest of our lives. ive had some problems like that with my family. it took our patriarch, my grandpa, to pass away before my family got it together. it takes time to close old wounds. he must be patient. work on making his own immediate family first.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2011