Should this bother me?

Well my ex, my son's father doesn't see my son (4) when he's supposed to...almost never. We went to court for this whole thing and he said he was fighting to see his son. well the court ordered it that he gets to see my son every other weekend and on a day of the week. He hasn't seen him in 2 months. before then he would see him maybe once a month. My son doesn't ask for him, doesn't cry to see him or anything. My side of my son's family is very close. My brother spends time with when he's in town and my sister likes to take him places and my mom and dad help me raise him. well anyway you know when a kids sees an animal and they say that's the mommy, daddy, and baby animal? he doesn't say that. he says there's the mommy, the grandma, the grandpa animal. my uncles, my son's great uncles teach him how to do things and we all teach him sports and bond with him with father/son type things but should I be worried that he doesn't seem to miss his dad at all or even ask about him? when he comes back from his house it's like he was at the babysitter or something, no big whoop.
sorry rambling on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Your son see's a "family" unit as a Mommy, grammie and grampie. There is NO daddy in the pic so why would the little guy think of daddy in any other situation? Normal for your boy is different from the conventional. No big deal. He's a bit young to grasp the concept. Dont stress over it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No, it shouldn't because you can NOT force someone to be a parent that doesn't want to be a parent. It sounds like you are doing an AMAZING job raising your son, don't ever worry about something that is out of your control. My son has seen his father, maybe, 10 times in 14 years and is such an amazing, loving, caring, respectful teenager that people cannot believe he was raised by a single mom and is an only child. Keep doing what you are and watch as karma fixes the ex.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• He can't miss what he's never known. Just be thankful that he has family to do all these things for and with him. When he is older, you can tell him how sorry you are that you chose such a non-caring man to be his father and you can point him to other members of your family as examples of how fathers are supposed to act. For now, just be grateful. He's a little young for you to start making the larger point.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You shouldn't worry about the lack of a father figure for your son. As he is surrounded by so much love and males in your family that are doing their best to provide and fill the gap and emptyness your son would feel if he was missing his dad. But you should be grateful he has all that. And he also sees his dad ocasionally, its not like he is absent from his life. He will be just fine.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I Mean i Would Be Worried If He Asked About His Father But If Your Lil Guy Dont Seem To Care Either Way Dont Worry About It Its The Fathers Loss Not Yours Your Raising Him And Taking Care Of Him Like Your Supposed Too Your Doing What The Court Says And If Your Ex Dont.. His Fault.. When Your Son Gets Older And Wants To Know Things Then Tell Him But Until Let Him Do Exactly What He Is Doing Now..He Doesnt Know His Father And He Dont Seem To Want To Know Him So Let It Be His Father Sounds Like An Asshole No Offense! Just Keep Things Like They Are He Knows You As Mommy And Grandpa And Grandma And Your Brothers And Sisters Is Most Important Family Members! Sounds Like He Is Doing Amazing..And Your Doing An Amazing Job As His Mother Raising Him!! Keep It Up And Good Luck With Everything Sorry His Dad Is Being That Way But Hey Look At It Like This He Gave You Something Amazing A SWEET LIL BOY!!! :)
    TRENTONSMOM336

Answer by TRENTONSMOM336 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2011