Broke and having a baby

Just wondering how many women would still have a baby even if they were broke.

One of my old gf's from highschool is like this...only she has 5 now, but wants another. No job. Living off gov't...ect...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We were always broke when I was pregnant, I now have five, they are all grown up and have children of their own.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• NO. I wouldnt.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I want another but we can't afford to, thank God for WIC that helps out so much with all the food and I'm breast feeding so that saves a good bit. I lost my job in august on the 27th and had my baby on the 24th so Im glad at least I still had insurance I just now paid off the hospital bills this week. I can't imagine not having insurance and getting all those bills. A new house and car leaves us with almost nothing to live off of each month. I thank God though for my blessings. I have a friend like that too couldn't afford to buy her kid shoes but got pregnant with a second, its a shame the kids are the ones that suffer and get made fun of later in school. (sad but true)
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Arnt we all broke.... I dont think its right for only rich people to have babies... If she is a great loving parent good for her!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would not feel right having a baby if we were relying on government assistance as sole or even half of our income. Government assistance was designed to be a temporary helping hand, not an extended way of living. That is just my opinion and we are so very far from rich.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Nope, I would not-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would not have an extra child. I agree with khedy. Government assistance is meant to be a helping hand not an easy way to give birth and not work. I think it is selfish and cruel to bring a child into this world if you do not have the finance to support it. You should ask yourself what you are going to take from the ones that already live to give to the new one you want to have. Will it be a pair of shoes? or pants? or shirt? or even food? You dont have to be rich to be a parent, but think about the child before you think of yourself. Maybe birth control would be a better investment. Besides, as it is, I don't think people should have more than a certain amount of kids, otherwise someone gets ignored always....
    mrs.stepmom

Answer by mrs.stepmom at 6:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No way. We were not financially secure when DD was created. But thanks to the grace of God, our families, my hardworking man, and sacrifice, we are doing alright. We want another one, but only if SO gets a better job and we have a good amount of savings before then. My DD has a blessed life, and want to be able to give that to my next child as well, without taking from DD. So we will see if #2 ever comes along or not. I would never put my family through hardships just to have another child. I will just enjoy what i have, and if it is meant to me, it will be...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Im sorry... I dont mean to sound harsh, someone asked an answer, so Im just giving my opinion and I hope i didn't offend anyone.
    mrs.stepmom

Answer by mrs.stepmom at 6:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my ds was semi unplanned. i am allergic to laytex (go me, right?) and dh was working but we were living with his mom. we got almost everything we needed from the baby shower. We have been slowly but steadily getting off pa, until dh got laid off. he's working again so hopefully we'll be able to get off of it soon. i am a sahm because a) we cannot afford daycare b) my whole paycheck would be going to it if i worked c) dh refuses to let anyone else watch ds for a long time.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2011