My 14 month old won't drink milk!!! Help!

My daughter was on soy formula (Enfamil Prosobee) as an infant but her pediatrician told me to go on and try her on whole mile when she turned 12 months. She didnt really take to it. I tried putting a little sugar in it but she still wouldnt drink it. She likes to drink from the stram of her juice boxes so I bought her regular milk, strawberry milk, and vanilla milk that comes in the box (like juice boxes). But she still doesnt like it :0(. Her pediatrician suggested I buy her soy milk....so, I went out and bought her Vanilla Silk soy milk and she still doesnt want it. She throws the cup on the floor. She wont even drink from the cup i initially gave her the soy milk in.

Any suggestions?? Im desperate!

kenziesmom0115

Asked by kenziesmom0115 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• let her haveother kinds of dairy to get her vitamin D and calcium
    She doesn't NEED milk per se

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• when i was switching dd from formula to whole milk i mixed them together....half formula half milk....then i slowly started putting more milk then formula,eventually i stoped putting the formula n she liked milk.it worked for me you should give it a try good luck momma :)
    lcardenas51989

Answer by lcardenas51989 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• She doesn't need to drink milk. My son stopped at about that age too. His doctor said to give him other foods that contain calcium...cheese, yogurt, pudding, ice cream, oj with added calcium. Some people just don't like milk and that is not an issue.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Your child will be fine just drinking water. There are plenty of healthy ways to give her fats, like egg yolk, avocado, coconut oil, etc. You can find a great listing of calcium rich foods here:  http://www.soystache.com/calcium

Be careful with dairy; more than three servings a day can leach iron and other nutients.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• There are lots of other calcium rich foods,try making smoothies with milk and yogurt and fresh fruit, aslo there is coconut milk on the market these days and rice milk both with added vitamins. My kids drink both of these and love them.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I agree that you shouldn't force her, and that she doesn't NEED milk. Make sure she's eating a balanced diet and water is just fine for hydration. Milk is only a convenient source of certain vitamins, but they're available in other foods.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2011