My ex-husband is having a baby with his wife....

and it is bothering me........ why??? Is anyone out there bothered when their ex has a baby with their new spouse? I don't care for him, I actually wish I didn't have to deal with him, but I am forced to, so why am I bothered???? our kids are 7 and 8.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I felt the same way. My ex was and is such a craptastic person I didnt know why I was so bothered. I think if I am honest with myself I was bothered because I didnt want him to have any happiness, and a baby to me brings joy.

Answer by gemgem at 6:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No matter how we feel about our ex's today, we at one point loved them very much, I don't think we would be normal if we wouldn't feel that stab of jealousy for at least a millisecond when they show they have moved on.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Maybe you feel bad for the baby and his wife since yours didn't end well maybe theirs won't either and we all know how hurtful break ups are, plus that baby will be your kids brother or sister that makes me feel uneasy just thinking about a kid thats not mine but is part of my other kids.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I don't think they will ever get divorced... they seem very happy and it has been 5 years..... They have a new home, new cars, and now a baby. I live with my parents and my children 50% of the time they are with me. I don't know if its the idea of knowing that they have everything he and I did not.... Ive moved on, and I want nothing to do with him and I cant stand her but I feel as if now, there will be an attachment with my kids and hers........ ahhhh!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I think it's only natural. My ex hasn't remarried....his most recent relationship recently ended but I remarried and had a baby and I can only imagine it bothers him a little bit. He sometimes slips up and calls me "dear"

It's okay to have those feelings, and even a little bit of jealousy, like I said it's only natural. But try to concentrate on being there for your kids, let them be excited about their new sibling, and other than your kids just concentrate on yourself and what you can do for you to better you and your kids.

Good Luck!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• hugs

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 6:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My husband got snipped and i couldn't be happier because i never want him to have kids with anyone else. I want to know I gave him something no other woman can and i don't have to worry about my kids feeling left out or loved less because they are all he will have.... sounds bad but thats how i feel. Not that i plan on divorcing him lol but hey stuff happens.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 7:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• IDK. :(
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Funny you mention that...... My ex got snipped too, right after our divorce, and the reason I know this is because he yelled it at me during a fight.... I thought my kids would be all he would have, but I guess he must have reversed it.....oh well.....my kids will still be first so it does not matter what he has with her!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• if he got sniped it is impossible for this baby to be his
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2011