Is checking on your husbands phone that big of a deal?

Kinda like assurance. I do it to protect myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• IMHO, I don't touch my husbands stuff....we have each other's passwords for every site we visit, but neither one of us use it to "spy" or check up. If you feel you can't trust him maybe you should be asking yourself why you are still with him.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My husband goes through mine. I don't mind it, I think it's funny.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If you feel you have to check up on him then something is wrong. I have no need to ever look at my hubbies phone, ever.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• The only time I have gone through hub's phone (besides when I was pregnant and insane and couldn't be held accountable for my actions or thought process) was to check to see what he had planned for our anniversary, so I looked up every unknown number to see where were going out to eat. I didn't find a damn thing because he used his office phone for everything. He knows me too well...
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 6:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'd be pissed if my Dh checked my phone. He did check an incoming text one time cause it was sitting beside him, but as for who I call and such it is not okay. If you resort to sneaking around behind his back checking up on him then something just ain't right in your relationship.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No, Not if hes given you reason to.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• With my ex I'd check his phone. Now being divorced it was just because I didn't trust the man any farther than I could throw him.....I'm re-married and I have 100% trust in my husband and confidence in our marriage and would never even think to do such a thing.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• would you want him rifling through your purse? I would never go through my SO stuff nor he mine. I agree with Texasgurl- something isn't right if you feel the need to do such a thing.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would never even THINK of doing that... Why should I? I trust him, and he trusts me. Neither one of us ever bothers to log off of our e-mails or facebook on our computers, but we still don't look at each other's accounts. I just don't feel the need.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• gotta do what u gotta do. If he has password protection on his phone then he is hiding something. It works both ways. I checked my ex from time to time in the end... B/C HE WAS DIPPIN w/ another. but my now hubby... wouldn't even cross my mind to check up on him like that. But when he starts acting different, latenight calls or texts, later and later getting home.. etc.... THEN ITS TIM TO BRING OUT the hounds.... lol
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 6:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2011