Newborn going out into the world question

what age do you find it "okay" to run to the grocery store.. or to church or something like that with your newborn?

We have 4 other little girls, just had a baby a few days ago.. & im just curious about what age the little ones are okay to go out ( I know everyones views will be different)

thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We took our daughter into Target on the way home from the hospital when she was 3 days old.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Two weeks for me. We were out of food and I needed to get out of the apartment. But where I lived it was unheard of to take your child outside before the one month mark.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 6:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Right after the hospital we took her into CVS and she was just fine.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• lol i was an overprotective psycho mother who wouldn't take her out other than to the hospital (we had complications) until she was 8 weeks old.... with the boys though, we stopped at Walmart on the way home from one of them the day they released me from the hospital because like an idiot I forgot nursing bra pads.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm kinda weird about that stuff. I think my DD was a month old before I took her out in public...
    Besides to her pedi.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• We took her out only a few times before her 6 week check up and shots. And when we did, she was in the sling, so it was harder and more awkward for people to get a peek at her.
    One of my friends took her one month old to dinner and an Angel's game... He was fine.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• We went to the grocery store when she was 4 days old. Nothing awful happened. ;)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 6:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• We went to the grocery store when he was about 3 weeks old, but we went to my parents' house when he was about a week old. Everything was fine. I just made sure that no one touched him without washing their hands first.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I had a moby wrap and put my son in it that way no one would be getin anybodies germs i think he was a couple days old
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My oldest was at toys r us when we got out of the hosp because he was so big nothing fit so we had to stop for clothes. My 5th was at target at 4 days old/.

Answer by gemgem at 7:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2011