Anyone make food products at home and sell?

I am trying to find out what the licenses and regulations are for making food products at home and then selling. I live in Wisconsin. I have search online and I am looking to hear from someone who is actully doing this out of their home.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• sell off ebay.. new or used items that I have around the house.
    LdawgsGurl

Answer by LdawgsGurl at 7:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Call your local health department. They will be able to tell you the state and local laws and regulations on home bakeries. Also, check in the Cake 101 group here on CM. Not long ago I had seen a post there that had links to all the state regulations. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• A friend tried here in NY state, but regulations regarding food prep are strict, you need a separate sink for washing food, hands and pots....etc etc all in all the food inspector and then a contractor said that the renovations needed to pass inspection would cost roughly $40,000.....so that put the end to that idea for her.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Start with the local board of health

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• When you call to look for info, they usually call what you are looking for "cottage industries"
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011