Anyone making and selling homemade food products from their home?

I am trying to find out what the licenses and regulations are for making food products at home and then selling. I live in Wisconsin. I have search online and I am looking to hear from someone who is actully doing this out of their home.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Check your local Health Department. The rules are VERY strict. I'm Nevada, but the rules will be close to the same. Ours is Southern Nev, Health District (SNHD.). It's County here, probably all over. Look yours up in your phone book, then go to their web site. Our new Regs are 185 pages long. Not all applies to our restaurant. Some are for at home, Mobile water tanks, poisonious or toxic materials, packaging, warehouse, mobile food units, Farmers' markets, you get the idea.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 7:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I agree with Kimimale, You need to call the Waukesha County Health Dept. to make sure you are doing the correct rules and regulations for our state. They will give you the proper channels to follow.
    mlgrob57

Answer by mlgrob57 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2011