How clean How clean is your house?

Is it clean like something from a magazine, or is it clean like you don't care clean?

Pixiemaid

Asked by Pixiemaid at 11:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Home & Garden

• It's very clean. We make a concerted effort not to buy anything we don't need or use or a have a place to store. We have someone come once a week to do the basics but I do the rest. I work 45 hours a week and don't get home until after 6:30 at night. By the time dinner has been eaten it's 7:30ish depending on what we had and after that I have dishes to do, laundry to do and put away, etc. There's plenty to keep me busy and my husband and I make sure we keep up with it so we don't have to do hours of cleaning on the weekend like we used to. Now we have time for projects around the house like landscaping or tiling a new backsplash or refacing the fireplace, etc.
    People are impressed that everything is always in it's place and the kids's rooms are clean. It makes it easy to do a little everyday but it takes discipline.
    Anonymous

• lol it depends. On some days it's pretty clean. Not perfect by any means. But clean enough. Then there are days like today where the bathroom trash is overflowing, the kitchen needs to be mopped, and there are toys everywhere. lol I'm going to clean it in a bit though. To be honest it'll probably take me about 45 min to an hour to get done. lol
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 12:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It really depends. With a toddler it is never going to be "magazine" clean and I wouldn't want it to be. What kid is having fun in such a sterile environment? However, we do keep it at a very neat and tidy level. I would say it's cleaner and more organized than the houses of other toddler moms I've seen, but not so clean that you think "Wow, does she even have kids?"
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 12:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• clean, straightened up or clean, dusted, vacuumed, eat off the floor clean? It depends on if we are having company, or something. I try to keep it straightened up, not piles of anything anywhere, but really clean..probably every other week. I'd like to do it more, but not enough time.
    AnnikaJan

Answer by AnnikaJan at 12:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• With no kids in the house and a hubby who works 12 hours a day, my home is magazine clean......dont open the drawers though.....LOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2008