Should We Have A....? adult content

My man and I have been together for three years. (He is in the military as a 68W) We have a nice, solid relationship (that took a hell of a while to build) We both consider each other as each other's best friend and tell each other everything. Sexually...we are soul mates. We have the best sex in the world, and we are both open minded which makes things 10 times better. The topic of a threesome has come up. I am not completely against (it actually sounds interesting), but I am worried that it will change our relationship. I've heard horror stories of relationships being torn apart because of the decision to engage in a threesome. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I overreacting?

MaterialGirl198

Asked by MaterialGirl198 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't do it. He and I are both way too jealous, and agreed from the start that there would never be anyone else in our relationship (well, you know, aside from the kids and family being around and all). Personally, I think if you have to wonder if you should do it, then you probably shouldn't. To me, wondering means doubting and if you doubt, then you really probably don't want to and/or would regret it after the fact. And although some people can do it and it all works out fine, others end up with a destroyed relationship, or at least a badly damaged one. Think really hard whether or not you want to risk that.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If it was me I wouldn't do it but that's just me. If your even questioning yourself about than I think you shouldn't do it. You wouldn't want your relationship torn apart.
    momoftwins250

Answer by momoftwins250 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Mmmm....if my dh asked me that I'd slap him silly.

I am too jealous as is he. It would not work, I think its gross.
    Plus. that could RUIN your relationship.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Bad idea no matter how interested it may sound, that is never a good thing to bring another person to your bed...it will lead to no good. You and your husband are suppose to be ONE don't ruin your relationship, he might get use to it and want it more than you think. Be careful what you wish for.
    Also there are STD' outthere as well. I would never share my man with anyone ever....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I've never known of any 3 some that worked out well. Try a foursome. That is more fair.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Been there, done that with a girl we're still friends with. She and I started it and DH stayed out until asked in. The second time though, he said some 'dirty talk' that for whatever reason (still not sure) made me very jealous. Afterward, he and I talked about it and decided that we won't be doing that again. Hasn't been an issue for us.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Pick up the book "The Ethical Slut." Read it over and discuss then make a decision.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• not for me but to each his own really consider it before deciding.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a no... I would try it, but It'd have to be under the influence of some very strong drinks, & our relationship would have to be very stable, like a decade or two! ;') I'd also have to be the selector of the third party... Idk... It all sounds questionable to me...
    LUVmyBOYZ615

Answer by LUVmyBOYZ615 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• The benefits do not outweigh the risks of such an arragement.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2011