People from NJ are trash!

I'm so sick of the streotypes.

Are you annoyed with all the NJ reality shows out there and how they sterotype New Jersey?

I am from NJ- Nutley. I tan, I try to go to the gym when possible because I havea serious heart problem so I need to build up my cardio and I fist pump as a joke.

I think the word Guido IS offencive it's like calling a Black/African American/ Colored people a N***er and a Hispanic/Latin/spanish a "Spic".

Not all people from NJ go "DTS" and are all about "GTL" Alot of people from NJ are well educated, not orange, and not italian.

I moved to Miami and moved back to NJ but while I was down there I had a man who saw my Jersey Plates while i was at a Gas station say "hey snooki you don't pump gas you pump your fist" In a TERRIBLE FAKE NJ Acsent.

I really wanted to Fist Pump his face. I seriously didn't get hired at a few place down there because they saw I was fro NJ and assumed I just partied and got sloppy. I'm tired of it. Are you?!

Jersey_class

Asked by Jersey_class at 7:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Its the same as stereo types of the south. My husbands favorite saying is just because I talk slow doesnt mean I am.

Answer by gemgem at 7:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I was born in NJ, I'm not orange, Italian, or a bubble... but my parents aren't from Jersey either. lol

I live in the south, and even though I've been raise down here I still get called a Damn Yankee.

By the way, why is this in R&B?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm from Jersey (I live in Miami area now). It doesn't bother me in the least. I think the stereotypes are funny and in alot of cases accurate. Haven't lived in Jersey since 1998 though.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• So, you mean, Snooki isn't your idol? rofl jk jk

Girl, just shrug it off. Small things shouldn't bother you, life is too short.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• NJ isn't the only place that has stereotypes. Do what you can to ruin the stereotypes.
    I'm from NY...I now live in the south. Do you know how many times I've been referred to as a Yankee? And NOT in a good way?
    People are easily swayed by the good 'ole tv.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Yea they dont hide their racism here....that's the one thing I don't like about it here. (obviously not everyone is like that...but quite a few are)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I also am from NJ. Outside of Atlantic City. Was born and raised there and didn't move away until I was in my 30's. Being stereotyped happened long before the reality shows and the best thing is to just say "YEP AND I'M PROUD OF IT". People are afraid of what they don't understand and maybe they don't realize that reality shows are still people playing for the camera. That reality is not really reality.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I forgot this. A Guido to most people from NJ is a man that thinks he is hot stuff and more. At least it is where I come from. Mow, the word Dego is fighting words to most Italian men. That is an insult. Been married to an Italian for many years and that was one of the first things I learned. lol
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My DH and I are both from the south. We get people thinking that we are conservative republican christians all the time. Not that there is anything wrong with being affliated with said groups but for us nothing could be further from the truth.. When others get to know you OP they will see you are FAR from the sterotype as well.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I've lived in the north and now live in the south, and it is VERY different here. I find that people in other areas make assumptions about me since i live in the south. And people here used to get call me a yankee all the time when I was in school (not so much now since there's so many people living here from other states and countries now compared to 20 years ago).

I've never even seen Jersey Shore, though I have a few friends who post about it on occasion. I have a friend who lives in NJ and she hates that show too, because people make so many assumptions and she thinks it makes her state look back in general. I think people stereotype people in all areas of the country to some extent, but sometimes it gets amplified with TV shows like that.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2011