My dh says he wants a 2nd chance...

But I want him to earn that second chance since he cheated with a coworker. What should he do to earn that chance though?
I thought that he should change jobs and we should go to marriage counciling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• If i were to give him another chance, I would require marriage counseling for sure, a new job or the co-worker getting a new job, and ALOT of pampering and groveling.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Same thing happened to me. Its only going to work if you really want to forgive him and forget about it (meaning by forget about it- not bringing it up in arguments). I also made my husband change jobs but the economy was this bad and counseling if you think it will work. We didn't do counseling because i could honestly see how he viewed it as a huge mistake he had made and I could really tell he was sorry. It took almost 6 months for us to get back to the lovey couple we were. I wish you the best of luck. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Everyone makes mistakes and should be given a second chance not have to earn it. Let him decide what he's willing to do to prove he is remorseful.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• We took marriage counseling and it worked only because WE both wanted to work things out. all the counseling in the world cant help people who really dont want the help. Id have him at least try to get on another job no harm in at least looking, it took me 2 yrs to trust him again and not bring it up in arguments so it will take awhile its easy to forgive but you will never forget. I still have my lil freak outs when hes later coming home from work and hasnt called, mind automatically jumps to hes cheating. Good luck i wish you the best
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I agree with first post,and the rest. I hope it works out for you hone make sure its something you want.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Marriage counseling and dating. Not living together until you are sure he isn't going to cheat again.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2011