Weight?

Do you or your SO have the right to complain about your partners weight when its NOT a health issue? I have put on a few from meds. DH has been very diff towards me since and will make sly comments about it. Im healthy and not overweight. Just put a few on. Is this ok? Cause I think not! It digusts me. Besides the fact that we are headed towards the end anyway. What are your thoughts? TIA and be honest!

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• nless you're overweight or obese then no
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• DH and I poke fun at each other. DH has gotten a little beer belly and I have gained a few or at least it has changed places. I don't have an issue with it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• We all hope our spouses love us for what's on the inside, but the truth is they get turned on sometimes by what's on the outside. And look at all the images on TV, movies and right outside your door - girls wear less and less and less. In our relationship, I don't care what my hubs looks like, when I married I made a commitment and that's that. When I gain weight, he is a little less sexual, and when I slim down he's all over me. He's very visual. I don't think a spouse has a right to make you feel bad about your weight, but in the real world, most men seem to want thin, thin, thin.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I am super-sensitive about my weight, so my SO doesn't go there. I think he is afraid. We have been preggo 4 times, and I am 20 lbs heavier than when we married . . . . but I do work on it alot, and he knows that.
    Anonymous

• my super bitch would come out if i were in your shoes.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Considering I have struggled with bulimia for almost 17 years, shouldn't it be obnoxiously obvious that he should NOT say a WORD about my weight?! He still does...and it is joking and being sarcastic...like if he knows I'm stressed about it, he will say something like "its amazing your jeans still fit, tubbo." I am sure it is out of frustration because he can go up 5 lbs depending on what time of day it is or when he pooped last, but when I gain a pound or two, I freak out. Or he will say something like "I like you better with a little meat on you".

I don't know how many times I have told him that he CANNOT even acknowledge my weight without it making me anxious, but we drive each other nuts with it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I feel a SO can bring weight up only if health is at risk. My dh and I are both overweight. It has not affected our sex lives at all. I've been up and down and his attraction hasn't varied. And no matter my weight, I always feel sexy. I think men who joke about weight are jerks. And if it were me, I'd have to crack on penis size. (No matter his size).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Well he shouldn't say anything negative especially since you got that way due to meds. Some men have problems with women with weight it him not you and if your at the end of your relationship then GOOD for you and I know you will loose the weight at some point but don't let anyone talk about you.
    I am over weight but always have been but my husband never says anything about it I am the one who jokes about my weight he just says he loves all of me, he married me this size...i could loose about 50 and be happy...love is unconditional or is suppose to be.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• That's not okay at all! If there's no health concern, he shouldn't be talking about your weight. My husband may say I need to exercise more, but never that my weight is a problem. If anything, he wants me to gain some lol.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 3:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• In our 12 years together, I've been every weight in the book from 9 months pregnant to very fit. When my husband and I talk about weight issues, it's always very productive and in terms of what is being done about it to achieve whatever goals we have. I will poke gentle fun at him about his disdain for cardio exercise and he will give me the same about drinking soda, but it's all in good fun with us.

I do think people should be honest with one another regarding appearance and weight, but honest doesn't mean cruel or disparaging.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2011