Ore-Ida Funky Fries????

I got my new books for next semester and I'm looking through my Business text. Apparently, there was a product called Funky Fries by Ore-Ida in 2002 that was on the market for about a year. I'd never even heard of them! The flavors were cinnamon sugar, chocolate, sour cream and jive, and they had crunchy rings and radical blue fries. Hmmm....kinda would have liked to have tried them but never even saw them in my area. Did any of you ever give them a try?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• yeah,they were nasty! That's why you no longer see them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Apparently since they were pulled people werent impressed with them lol I dont think I would have tried them, I dont go for things of the sort! I like my sweet potato fries & spicy ones =)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• nope i have never heard of them until just now
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Never saw them...and I was working in a grocery store around that time.
    Anonymous

• Never heard of them! Guess they didn't go over because they're off the market. Sometimes the thought of a chocolate french fry doesn't seem normal! I would have tried the ones with the sour cream though!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• never saw them sorry
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Never saw them but sounds like another gymic to try and boost kids sales. Like green, purple and blue ketchup? That didnt last long wither, probably because it's twice the price.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yws, we tried them and they were positively disgusting. I made one batch and took the bag back for a refund.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• That sounds as gross as pink and blue colored butter that used to be on the market.

Or the green ketchup.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Never saw them
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2011