Have you ever heard of upper michigan? Did you know that MI is not just the "glove"?

I'm from upper mi and now i live in phx. no one seems to know that MI is actually not just the glove. there is another part of the state that is above wi. i also see tons of maps that show upper mi like its part of canada. just curious.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 8:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Ya been to da UP eh? Yes I know and I love it in the UP so beautiful. If people don't know this information then this is an indictment of the public school systems. UGH come on people, it is the country you live int. Sheece.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes, I have heard of upper Michigan and I have heard it is beautiful up there!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Sure have. I'm in WI. We're well versed in yoopers!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• elizbr... it is very nice there. i haven't lived there in about 13 years but every time i go back it gets prettier and prettier. butterfly, i lived in wi for 6 long years.
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Lol...I am from the lower peninsula, so...yes! LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Now that I live in Michigan, I know now. But I have to say I didn't know beforehand. I haven't been up there. Also, the beaches are awesome on the west side.
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 8:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm from California, live in Oregon and I knew that. I can see why some people don't notice; it does kinda look like its in Canada. Guess I just had a better geography teacher than most.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Isn't that the part of Michigan surrounded by 3 of the Great Lakes? Just curious.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I remember being taught that in school, when we learned about the states.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I know because I'm in south western Ontario.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2011