Is there a double standard with racism & media, especially with this past election?

"Paint the White House black and I'm sure that's got 'em terrified
McCain don't belong in any chair unless he's paralyzed" - Ludacris, rapper/entertainer

"Sarah Palin, you ain’t ready to be vice president. ALASKA MOTHERF***ER? What is the reality in Alaska? There aren’t even any crackheads in Alaska. There aren’t no black people in Alaska." - P. Diddy, rapper/entertainer

Honestly, could you imagine if a country singer strummed a guitar to bashing Obama? People would be ALL over that! And why is there a BET, Black Entertainment Television and no WET, White Entertainment Television?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• racisim is not just towards blacks so it does not surprise me that some blacks were and are racist as well it is the double standard when people say only white people can be racist its bull
    Anonymous

• People were ALL over the Dixie Chicks when they bashed Bush...so it's not just Obama that's being "protected."

And WET wouldn't work for many reasons...one being the fact that the anagram sounds like a porn channel =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

yes they were but people only focused on what might cause drama.
    Anonymous

• I guess this is just freedom of speech. just have to consider the sources of things, people can be very hateful, regardless of race. But I don't like my SD listening to any kind of junk.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 8:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yes there is adouble standard and that will never change.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I pout a lot when I don't get my way too.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• There is no W.E.T. network because flip the station to most television programs and it is advertising the white American perspective. I am white but when I watch television I am ahamed to say the the stereotypes I see of minorities is one in gangs, getting arrested, rape...there doesn't seem to be a positive message on prime time television of representing minority families realistically. There are a few shows that are an exception, but overwhelmingly that is not the case. As far as rappers and other entertainers - that is a far cry from being a journalist and news source. However, I respect that many minorities are not accepting status quo and unfortunately that is what has shaken white America to its core.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• W.E.T isn't that like the Spice channel? LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• frogdawg However, I respect that many minorities are not accepting status quo and unfortunately that is what has shaken white America to its core.

**************************you rockbow down

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• frogdog you are so right
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008