How can I deal with my child sensative head?

Well it is very difficult to comb or touch her head without hurting her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My Granddaughter used to be like that. I used the no more tangles spray and starting brushing from the very bottom up.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Just like grneyed says. Get a very gentle brush, and do it slowly. Start with the ends . . . hold the hair so that your hand can take the pull instead of her scalp. She will get a little less sensitive as her nevrous system matures.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Thank you I will try that I have been using detangle sprays but I was combing from top to bottom.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• the detangleing spray is helpful dd wouldnt let me brush her hair without it
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I just had a very light relaxing rinse put in my son's hair so I can brush without it tugging him each and every time. It was a quick in and out relaxer rinse and took two minutes to wash out. We have it done professionally. I also use a moisturizer and detangler at night, cover his head to keep the moisture in, and run a detangler and moisturizer in the hair before school. Keeps it managable. I let him play a hand held vEideo game while I brush and comb through his hair. Keeps his mind off the head.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• get a soft bristle brush and comb it slowly also put your hand at the top of her head when brushing so that it doesn't pull
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• These sound like good ideas.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Put a little tiny bit of cream rinse in your hand and rub it through her dry hair. This usually loosens tangles. I'm sure it hurts her but sometimes kids get a little over dramatic and scream even before the brush touches them! You may want to get a new game or something that she can use during the combing. You also may have to restrict some tv or something. Just telling her that she can watch it when you're done with her hair. Good luck!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 2:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Detangle spray and work from the bottom to the top.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 1:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I agree with grneyedgrandma
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2011