Any idea what this might be?

My 2 1/2 year old has a deep chest cough, runny nose(but its clear) and no fever. I was thinking allergies, but the deep coughing is what's making me think it may be worse.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 9:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would get it checked out by his dr. just to be safe. Even if it is allergies they can prescribe something for it. Hope he feels better soon!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I took my 4 y/o daughter to the Dr w/ a chest cough, she was running around acting fine, but had a clear runny nose. She ended up having fluid on her right lung. He didn't do an xray, gave her an antibitic b/c she also had an ear infection and said that should clear everything up, if she wasn't better in a few days to call back and they'd schedule a chest xray. Everything I think it's nothing, it always turns into something. GL!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• How long has this been going on. I would call the doc
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 10:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I got sick with bronchitis and my son developed the same symptoms that you described above. I took him to the dr. and they said it was just a virus similar to the common cold. They didn't prescribe any medication for him but I found a cough medicine that I love! It is called "Chestal" it is an organic, completely natural cough medicie. I found it in the pharmacy section at our local safeway grocery store.
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Bronchitis? I'd go to the pediatrician before it develops into something worse. Good luck!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2011