When did this become an acceptable answer? (teen pregnancy)

I absolutely HATE when people try to defend absent teenage fathers with the argument of "They were scared". Big deal! I'm sure the girl you knocked up was scared too, but she didn't have the option to run away. She HAD to deal with it in one way or another. I understand that she's not blame free in the situation either. It takes two to tango. But I don't see how it's okay for them to say "I was scared" and then everything's all better. That is a p*$$ poor excuse. You should have owned up to it, and faced your mistake. If you can't handle simply SUPPORTING the other person if pregnancy arises, you have no business having sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I totally agree. It's just one of many double standards we still face. It's not just teenage boys who do that, though. I've known a few grown men who bailed on their girlfriend after getting her pregnant and used that as an excuse for leaving.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I think it is bull how some mothers of the teen father's jump on the girls case and act like it is impossible for they're son to be the father! I agree that it is not an excuse!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Agreed. I hate my ex for this reason. I was 16 he was 18. I was scared, alone, and broke. In that time that he said he was just scared he took off, got a bunch of expensive tatoos, partied, told everyone my son wasn't his, got another girl pregnant, and his new girlfriend as well. Then shows up two years later to call me a POS mom. And his mom tries to say he was just scared. REALLY? Maybe I'm different or something, but when I'm scared I don't usually get tatooed and screw the town to show it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I agree with you.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I totally agree my brother is in the same boat. But he is 20 but he running scared. My mom said well he's going through alot. I'm like he has a child coming he needs to grow the F up. So as you said it takes 2 to tango don't want a kid don't have sex.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• agreed!
    kayceeisit

Answer by kayceeisit at 9:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm 100% behind you
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I completely agree
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I totally agree with you.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I completely agree.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 6:40 AM on Mar. 18, 2011