Am I wrong or Is he?.....

Ok soooo here goes.....well my x(babys father) has visitation with the kids awhile back, then he get arrested for burglierly, and was in jail for 6 months, well he got out rite before christmas and didnt filr for visitation untill 2nd week in feb.......weird? well we have been going to court for the same things this whole time and we have to go back to court like 2 weeks, and my lawyer suggested we start visitation so it looks good for us and they would only be getting every other week on wed from 5 to 8. which is fair i think considering his real father is a pot head! and other things too......well i met them at mc donalds to drop him off then pick him up. my bf got mad over this cuz i met them and didnt make them drive to my house, am i wrong for doing this? note they will be picking him up at my house from now on. he also got mad cuz shes texted me a few time, I did not give her my cell phone number! she got it somehow and i asked her how she got it and she wouldnt tell me* note to self i was very pissed and still am. he was mad about her texting me, even though i told her to not text me*.......what am i sapost to do? they have to see there father, i have nothing extremly bad enough from keeping them from seeing him....

Mxcxr16

Asked by Mxcxr16 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I dont know if I understand you right. But year I understand that you bf is mad, why cant he come to your house and pick your child up. I guess your bf is thinking you wanna hide something from him. Other that that I dont understand whos texting you? cause you keep saying her, who is she?
    He was released b4 Christmas but didnt wanna see the kid up until February, wired alright. Maybe he didnt wanna buy (or couldnt buy) Christmas presents.

and what do you mean by :
    which is fair i think considering his real father is a pot head!

so the guy who wants visitation is not the real childs father? Sorry then I would do that, the real one is a pot head and teh other one is a burglar?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my children father and his mother want to see/ have visitation with my kids. my bf is mad about this whole thing.

i ment which isnt* fair considering there real father is a pot head.
    Mxcxr16

Comment by Mxcxr16 (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i would not give visitation to him. You need to document exactly what is happening, if he isnt even the real father than he has no right to custody what so ever.
    If it is the real father than you need to file for full custody with supervised or limited visitation. Document everything! if he is late getting the baby, what he does w/ him etc. You deserve child support and if he cant even do that he has no right to visitation as well. You should have filed before he had a chance to, but since y ou didnt i would seek legal advise. it's worth it!!!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• oh ok, I would not give him any visitation either. Sorry hes taking drugs and hes been to jail, no my child wont go there.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• LMAO! Sorry, but the one that didn't understand the OP didn't spell right, nor did she make much sense herself!

OP, either your BF thinks you are sneaking around, or he's wrong. IDK which it is. I don't know your relationship. But, getting mad at YOU for someone texting you, when you told her not to, is ridiculous. And childish.
    I agree, document everything and go to court. Get full custody with supervised visitation. If he gets that at all. And, if his momma is off her rocker as well, then you need to make sure she's no where near your child.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Your BF needs to chill. I would NOT want my drug addicted ex to know where I lived. I would rather drop off and pick up at a neutral place. And then there are lots of witnesses if anything goes wrong.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You shouldn't care about who is right or wrong...you should be trying to figure out what is best for the kids.
    struezel

Answer by struezel at 10:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• He probably wants to pick up your child because his mother wants to know where you live. But for 3 hours a week, I think he is making a big deal out of the whole thing. I bet his mom put him up to it. He probably gave her your phone number too. Watch out, she may start showing up at your house any time she feels like it. I hope I'm wrong. For that matter, you can take your child over there instead. If she starts texting you all the time, change your number.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I Think you may need to re write this so that is better understandable. Spell check it maybe? And slow down while typing so that it is understandable. Im not to sure I understand you right, and by the looks of others comments I dont think many others do either. Im not tryin to bash you, or be rude. But your not going to get good advice if nobody can understand you.
    mlkmylove

Answer by mlkmylove at 3:48 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Thought the same as tyfry7496.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2011