can you take a pregnancy test anytime?

I want to go ahead and take it tonight but I heard you should do it in the morning. Does it matter?

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 8:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It can make a difference.
    The test looks for a certain hormone and there is more of it in your first pee of the morning.
    Will you test positive tonight if you take it anyway? Maybe. But you are more likely to get a false negative tonight than you are if you wait until morning.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• If you haven't missed your period yet, then yes take it in the morning bc the HCG hormones are built up. If you've already missed you can usually take it any time of the day and it won't matter.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yes it matters def. do it in the morning.
    Anonymous

• well, I don't know if I have missed my period or not.. see I have a 3 month old. And I stopped nursing him about 2 weeks ago, so I don't think I should have had a period yet. But I feel hungry all the time like I did with my first baby. And my hubby and I were a little too careless a few times, so I thought I better take one!
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 8:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008