There is something wrong.

My cousin texted me tonight telling me that there was something wrong with her daughter. She had spent a few nights with her dad and when my cousin had picked her up she said it was rather awkwatd and creept. Her daughter (4) is acting really strange. Won't eat anything, drink hardly anything, all she is doing is crying and want her mom. When my cousin had mentioned to her that she had to go see daddy again this weekend her daughter instantly began to cry and kept saying no. She has an appt. With her ped. Tomorrow to get checked out to make sure no molestation had happened and so fourth. What else could be going on and is there anything she can do to keep her daughter from having to go to her dad's this weekend? Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I meant creepy and awkward. Sorry for the typos
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i would deinitely not allow her to go back to her father. i'd get a restraining order & take her to the pedi immediately!! then possibly a child therapist if she won't talk. and talk to the dad. possibly restraining order against him if i'm suspicious. omg.. i can't imagine what could have provoked such a terrified reaction from that little girl.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 10:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• The father will not respond to any phone calls or texts. Her daughter will not tell her what happened. That's so out of her nature, she talks a lot, so for her to not tell her mom, it has to be pretty bad :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• She should do whatever she can to keep the child with her . . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Aww, poor little thing! wth would she react like that to? my goodness i see why you are worried. i hope all is ok!
    kayceeisit

Answer by kayceeisit at 10:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would get her to the doctor as soon as possible and I wouldn't let her go back to her dads until I found out the reason she is acting diffrent
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You nee to call CPS and make a report asap. If the child will admit (make an outcry) to one of the CPS therapist, they can assure she does not go back until an investigation is cleared up. Now, mother-to-mother, there is no way in hell I would allow my daughter to go back there until I was CERTAIN nothing like that had happened AND I had figured out WHAT DID happen and dealt with it. Take her to the pedi, that way you have it documented that SOMETHING happened and then make up a reason to the dad why she cant come until you have an order preventing it. G'luck!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• unfortunately, if the visitation is court ordered, she can not keep her from him unless the pediatrician finds something. If that happens then alert CPS immediately and they can put a halt on the visits.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 11:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• personally if i thought anything was going on. i would not wait for a dr. apt. i would take her to a 24hr hospital to get checked out..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If dad is avoiding the calls and not answering texts, he knows something he is not telling. Tell your cousin not to let her daughter go back there, something is definitely wrong. I feel so sorry for you and your cousin, you both deserve answers. Take her to the ER if you have to. You deserve answers.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2011