Baby hit ear on coffee table

My son hit his ear really hard on the coffee table and it turned red and blue. He cried forlike 5 minutes. But I was wondering do u think it could damage something internally? I'm worried!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think so but if it looks worse in the morning I would call the doctor.
    momoftwins250

Answer by momoftwins250 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Just make sure he isn't acting any differently, pulling at his ear or crying more than usual. But if you are still concerned tomorrow, go ahead and call your pediatrician. Hope your little one will be just fine.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My daughter did the same thing once. I called her pediatrician. He told me just to watch her for any lethargy or vomiting (signs of injury and/or concussion) but that she should be just fine.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• He's acting weird as in being mean and wild! He's so sleepy but is hyped up for some reason...I don't think this has anything to do with it tho...maybe not! Thanks you guys (:
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Probably not, but just look for the head injury signs just in case. More sleepy, vomiting, etc. Maybe the mean and wild is just because he's uncomfortable and it's painful. Could you give him baby Advil or do you have to check with the doctor? If that happened to me, I'd want some aspirin! Poor little guy! Hope he feels better soon!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2011