Kiddie Parties

My little girl is 3 years old and turning 4. all the other children she goes to school with two days a week are having kiddie party's. they are all expensive and la de da type of partys. which there nothing wrong with it. but i feel they are a little too young for this. what are you views and also i just want to do something at home and rent a bouncer, if i do this. do you think that be enough even though all the others where elaborate?

bridynme

Asked by bridynme at 10:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is also turning 4 in a couple of months and I have been struggling with the same thing. I had the same attitude you have now -- for the past 3 years, but this year, my LO has become more "social" and going to all the other parties and such, and has been talking non-stop about what kind of party she wants and who she will invite, etc. So we are having a middle-of-road type party (not mega expensive) and she is soooo excited about it. She has the guest list made out already! I think the bouncer in the back yard is a fine idea -- add in some games -- let everyone come dressed up -- have a scavenger hunt -- whatever?? It isn't about how much you spend, it's only about the kids having a good time -- and truth be known, they will likely have as much fun doing that as they would at a "la-te-da" party!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• by kiddie parties you mean birthday parties? i think this young is when they should have a fun bday party!! my son just turned 4 yesterday, and we're having his party on saturday, at the bouce house. it's a place full of inflatable slides, moon walks, ect. i've invited like 15 kids. we did the same for my dd's 2yr party. for my ds's 3rd party we had it at our house, but at the time we had a neighborhood park in our backyard so we just had a cookout with his friends, they played, ate, ran around the park, it was fun. if it's going to be nice where you are, find a park, or have something in the backyard. here, in March you NEVER know how the weather will be, we've had from 70 to 40, up and down all month and last month, so i try to keep his parties indoors just in case.

we went to a party at "young chef's academy" once for a 5yr old, they made their own food and everything. it was fun for them!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I battled with this too.. I did a princess and pirate party.. got a pinata and games... we went on a treasure hunt and all the kids got to decorate their own cupcake.. it was fun just make sure the kids bring spare clothes.. oh and I used lots of table cloths... they were lifesavers.. outside...
    vwhite

Answer by vwhite at 10:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2011