Does your toddler like to draw on the walls?

My 2 1/2 year old daughter likes to draw on the walls and no matter how many times we tell her no, she does it anyway. She will forget about it for a week or so and then start back at it again. What is the best way to get her to stop?

Kelly502

Asked by Kelly502 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, my son did until he was 4. He had to help clean it off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. A friend of mine decided to buy some chalkboard paint and painted a large section at her daughters height so she had one section to draw on without getting in trouble. Now her daughter only draws on "her wall".

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• She would love to if I let her. When coloring she has made her way to the walls a couple of times I usually just tell her we don't do that. If she goes back to it we are done coloring for a little while.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Yes & it's HORRIBLE!! They also drew on the back of one of my recliners arrggg! I started only giving them magic markers to use, you know the ones that only show up on certain paper. Their awesome!

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Great answers everyone, I will definately try all of them. Thanks.
    Kelly502

Comment by Kelly502 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2011