Is it okay to let toddler stop taking naps?

My 2 1/2 year old fights naptime like you wouldn't believe and I am getting tired of trying. She sleeps really well at night, so, is it okay to let her have it her way and stop the naps?

Kelly502

Asked by Kelly502 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 3yr old and 4yr old, don't nap, but i lay them down for relax time for an hr a day so i can have mommy time. they just lay in bed in quit during that time and sometimes fall asleep. My 7yr old has quit time in his room too when off school, he watches movies in his room, or looks at his bible. I need it for sanity. but if you can go without you time, it's fine than
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 10:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Yes, my son stopped napping at 2 years old. He did on occasion, but not on a regular basis. Drove his day care providers crazy!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Only one of my kids ever took naps. To me i think it's fine.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Yes , it's fine. If you want them to nap you would just have to wake them up earlier in the morning and give them plenty to do. Lots of play time in the fresh air will knock out a 2 yr old...lol
    Krisn4

Answer by Krisn4 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2011