• In the Spotlight:

Why does it feel like the father of my son is going to win the custody battle we are in? When I have done everything for my child sense before he was born.

I am in a paternity suit with the father of my son who I was never married. He filed this on me without telling me and has been a butt ever sense. It feels like everyone is on his side when he didn't even want a baby. It was an accident that I got pregnet. Its like my rights of being the mother mean nothing to these people.

Faith318

Asked by Faith318 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I really don't think he'll win, but hire a lawyer (or get legal aide) just incase. My friend's ex wife abandoned her daughter with her ex for almost nine years, and has pretty much been completely out of the picture...she has been in and out of rehab, and jumps around from place to place, but she recently moved close to him and is suing for full custody...the judge actually awarded her temporary custody until the hearing. I know another woman who has had her children taken away from her by the Department of Children and Families and is comstantly under investigation, but she was still awarded custody. Depends on the judge and depends on the state you live in, though.
    LizJones15

Answer by LizJones15 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2008