my hubby has now got anger issues?

Oh my, not trying to sound like a bratty wife or an uncaring wife. A little over a year ago my hubby was in a near fatal motorcycle accident and almost died. The accident was not his fault a lady made an illegal left turn right in front of him. He has went through seven different reconstructive surgeries and also has a TBI (traumatic brain injury). He now has to take several psych meds because of the head injury. He is mostly back to the same old hubby just will a little physical limitations, like he can't run and his left wrist in not 100%. After the accident he has severe mood swings and he is easily angered. He was even arrested for a Felony for aggravated assault. (not on me) I try to be patient, because I will not leave or divorce him. He sees a neurologist on a regular basis and they say it is typical of a head injury. I just want to pull my hair out. I am just at my wits end and don't know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• My heart goes out to you. This is a very tough thing to be going thru. Just remember, with a TBI, several unexplainable things can happen and people can act unusual at time. If things get rough, then just take a "time out" go take a bubble bath or something, seperate yourself from it. You clearly love him deeply, just remember that.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It sounds like Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. You might consider some counseling because these kind of things can be stressful for the family unit as a whole.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I understand how you feel. My ex had a TBI and became a totally different person. He became violent to me and there were other behaviours that led to our marriage not working. I totally applaud you for not leaving. I hope it works out for you.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 9:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I'm so sorry this happened to your husband, you and your family. Even the slightest brain injury can cause a marked change in personality. This is an unfortunate reality when it comes to TBI's. Is there a TBI support group you can join? Maybe you could ask your neurologist where you can go for support.

This is a really though one. There was a show in Discovery Health about this very issue. I don't recall the name of the exact episode/program but you can purchase these online. It's very informative.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 9:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008